Which BC piece is this? Unknown Smoothskin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A buddy of mine was given this smoothskin from someone shutting down their tank. This was supposed to be a BC piece but my buddy isn't a name guy, he's got 3 colonies of it and has no clue what it is. He gave me this 4" chunk and called it a frag lol.

It needs to do some serious coloring still. But regardless of that, what the heck is this thing?

@Battlecorals @bubbaque

5cc1e32e-ad54-4ffa-803c-91bd8a6e12a5-original.jpg

And yeah -- Don't mind the bubble algae, it's VERY slowly getting dealt with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
might be the old soda popinski?
Could be! It's a little rough right now so I'll see how it does in the coming weeks. The colors surprisingly look similar to hungs, but growth structure and polyp color do not.

I was hoping it could have been something that slipped out from your vault [emoji16]

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Could be! It's a little rough right now so I'll see how it does in the coming weeks. The colors surprisingly look similar to hungs, but growth structure and polyp color do not.

I was hoping it could have been something that slipped out from your vault [emoji16]

Totally possible that it's a mystery gem. I can't really lock in exactly what yet, but soda pop was my first inkling. Either way please keep us posted on the progress:)

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally possible that it's a mystery gem. I can't really lock in exactly what yet, but soda pop was my first inkling. Either way please keep us posted on the progress:)

Will do!

As an avid smoothie lover I was pretty excited. It's most likely a Popinski but just might be something unusual.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back