OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started running one of these recently. Seems like a solid piece of gear. Varios 4 pump is dead silent. The only sound is cavitation if you let gas build up in the top, but that's easily purged. Holds just over 2 gallons of media. Mine was shipped without a few O-rings and pH probe holder. CoralVue got it all squared away pretty quickly.

Good to know! The guys over at CoralVue are good people.

Can you post a pic of yours after you set it up just to show CO2 in and where you're pulling from. It looks like the self-filling bubble count window is where the CO2 goes in on the top? What is the 1/4" quick connect on the cross fitting for.

If you can save the picture above and label all the 1/4" quick connects...that would be great. :)

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is right, but what about the other (2) 1/4” push connects??
54785715-A560-43E5-9977-C65D372406E6.jpeg

Last edited:

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a few different brand of carx korallin, lifereef, geo, dastaco and now the deltec twintech 1500.. by far the deltec is my favorite.. super easy setup, super easy to tune, set and forget. If I need to increase dkh in my tank.. all i have to do is press 1 button and that's it.

andrewb70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have a feed pump pushing water into Reactor and the Kamoer pulling through from the outlet - I had air/CO2 buildup pushing water through which caused lots of noise but with this method no noise. The connectors you refer to are for the CO2 recirculation, HTH

Layout.png

adtravels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have a feed pump pushing water into Reactor and the Kamoer pulling through from the outlet - I had air/CO2 buildup pushing water through which caused lots of noise but with this method no noise. The connectors you refer to are for the CO2 recirculation, HTH

Layout.png
Did you come up with this idea? Does it not build pressure in the reactor?

Thanks

Mrxia0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my geo. I have the matching Kalk reactor for the perfect match.

I just got a 44lb box of reborn delivered last week. ... Its the small stuff. I have a little bag of the small stuff and they are packaging it as large now. I think they are trying to get more large media in through customs. I now have a nice big box of tiny media.
IMG_20200420_131520.jpg
PXL_20201116_224510574.jpg
PXL_20201116_225911595.jpg
Where are you getting the 44 pounders?

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Layout.png
Nice diagram. So the cross fitting with the 1/4” push connect just feeds CO2 to the top of the reactor? It looks like it goes in at the self-filling bubble counter.

andrewb70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a second port to pull co2 Buildup from the lid back to the pump.
That's correct it recirculates the CO2. I have found that the Varios2 pump does not as claimed self prime the sump water. I guess if the unit was actually sitting in the sump then it would but I have it 18 inches or so above the sump water line in a dry cupboard - hence me running a T. Don't expect to push water through the unit using the Kamoer you HAVE to pull it if you run it out of the sump. If you push the amount of water going in will come out at the top, you need to have more water going in than coming out but not overdoing the pressure - HTH

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's correct it recirculates the CO2. I have found that the Varios2 pump does not as claimed self prime the sump water. I guess if the unit was actually sitting in the sump then it would but I have it 18 inches or so above the sump water line in a dry cupboard - hence me running a T. Don't expect to push water through the unit using the Kamoer you HAVE to pull it if you run it out of the sump. If you push the amount of water going in will come out at the top, you need to have more water going in than coming out but not overdoing the pressure - HTH
Yeah, running it high...maybe it can’t pull it 18” vertically. Can’t you just self-prime it by filling the reactor with water beforehand?

fishead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the Deltec CRTT 3000 for my 450g tank. I still haven’t used it yet since my tank is still being setup. But it did have great reviews and I am excited to use it.

472AE218-92A5-42B8-9460-475DBAC80468.jpeg A0309538-495A-403E-A14B-286C3CFB12C6.jpeg
Hi trand1983, I love my Twintech. Did recently have an issue though. Broken ceramic shaft in feed pump. For some reason that I cannot fathom this pump is a Jebao!! So the heart of you $3000 reactor is a $30 piece of chinese junk. Do yourself a favour and buy in a spare Jebao DC650 or two.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi trand1983, I love my Twintech. Did recently have an issue though. Broken ceramic shaft in feed pump. For some reason that I cannot fathom this pump is a Jebao!! So the heart of you $3000 reactor is a $30 piece of chinese junk. Do yourself a favour and buy in a spare Jebao DC650 or two.
You gotta be kidding me. Would not expect this with Deltec. I love their skimmer. I’m pretty sure the pump wasn’t a Jebao.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You gotta be kidding me. Would not expect this with Deltec. I love their skimmer. I’m pretty sure the pump wasn’t a Jebao.
Agreed. I’m not pleased with the use of Jebao pumps. I think they’re running Jebao pumps in all of the i series skimmers or, at the very least, the 400i, which I like very much. Admittedly, I haven’t experienced any issues with the pump but I haven’t owned the skimmer long. I suspect it was purely a cost-cutting move.

I was told by a Deltec rep that they haven’t had any issues with the pumps.

NYCMAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Dastaco A2. A complete piece of crap. Fragile components (the eheim pump breaks off), the tubing connections to the pump do not stay in place, and alarms go off constantly with cryptic instructions on what it all means. Unless you have weeks of time on your hands, and no better options for spending $2000 on a calcium reactor, look elsewhere.

DanConnor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still using my A2. I don't disagree with your assessment exactly- but one thing that really changed my experience is to set a timer that shuts it off for 2 minutes a day. This way it can never do its daily venting which is when all the alarms happened for me, and its been running for months uninterrupted. But between my 200 display and 180 frag tank, its having trouble maintaining alk higher than 7.5.

Back