which coral food is better

AdamR0331

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2023
Messages
125
Reaction score
39
Location
South Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both Red Sea Ab+ Reef energy plus & Reef Roids by polyp labs which should I do using on my mainly lps & softies tank

20 gallon long

Reef Energy you Have to Feed Daily and Reef Roids is weekly but results wise what's best?

red-sea-reef-energy-plus-stock-838x838_2.jpg 81YPiCw8C9L.jpg
 
I use both plus benereef. I also mix ab+ with either powdered foods and feed the day before water change day.
 
Reef roids are high in phosphate. Ive used ab+, but didnt see much benefit.
Fish poop is best, check your no3 and po4.
Or dose carbon and feed via bacteria.
 
Reef AB good as is roids. Both do promote phosphate and algae and cyano growth as well as some algae.
AB is more of an amino whereas Roids is planktonic coral food
 
Last edited:
I just crush normal fishfood pellets or flakes to dust, never heard a coral complaining it's for fish. Just don't show them the can.
 
Last edited:
And if my vote counts for anything. I like reef ab
In my tanks I get too much problems from roids
 
do you feed RedSea Ab+ daily like it says or would Bi-Daily be better Long term or just keep doing daily
 
Trick is to feed enough that everyone looks happy but not enough to throw nutrients threw the roof. I lean on less “coral” food is better.
 
Trick is to feed enough that everyone looks happy but not enough to throw nutrients threw the roof. I lean on less “coral” food is better.
perfect im gonna use this advice esp since tank is on smaller size and they have ai primes so I bet they also get plenty of lighting
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new