Which dragonnet is the easiest to keep

ReeferPrime

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2015
Messages
180
Reaction score
21
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if all dragonette are to keep or are some easier than other because I like all of them.
 
All as hard as each other because of their feeding requirements but a very cool fish. I have two ruby reds in my 1000ltr for just over a week now so far so good
 
My scooter dragonet was super easy to wean onto pellets and LRS frozen food, but that's only one fish, and I lucked out with her. Most/all of them have big appetites for pods and are difficult to feed, so you need a big mature tank.
 
Scooters would be the best choice for you it sounds. Lots of them already eat frozen or such already. Ask your lfs to feed it for you so you can watch if it's eating.
 
Look for ORA bit more expensive but are more likely to excepted other foods. I would like to hear how you other guys started feeding prepared foods so I can try and wean mine.
 
A+ on Scooters
 
I have scooters, mandarins and ruby reds, no problem with any of them as long as you give them "live" foods to eat all day. All of those fish will easily spawn continousely if you feed them correctly. If not, then they don't live very long.



 
I have scooters, mandarins and ruby reds, no problem with any of them as long as you give them "live" foods to eat all day. All of those fish will easily spawn continousely if you feed them correctly. If not, then they don't live very long.




100% agree. Live food = happy Mandarin. BTW Paul, I "pre-ordered" last night. Wink wink. Cant wait.
 
I have scooters, mandarins and ruby reds, no problem with any of them as long as you give them "live" foods to eat all day. All of those fish will easily spawn continousely if you feed them correctly. If not, then they don't live very long.



Wow that's one fat mandarin in the middle looks like he's eaten all the pod pies
 
Wow that's one fat mandarin in the middle looks like he's eaten all the pod pies

She is very pregnant
 
Scooter blenny is a generic name for all dragonets
 
yeah i guessed. Where did you get your pod feeding station?
 
Not sand sifters no they will pick at bits on top of the sand bed but won't stir it up the sand like a blue cheek goby will
 
You'll hear several opinions but I've never killed a target mandarin. Mine have always taken to frozen after a few months
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new