Which fish to place in order?

Tigerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I'm stocking a RedSea Peninsula 500 g2+ and these are the fish I am stocking I am unsure which order to place them in. I will be amonia cycling so even the valuables have the best chance.:) here's the list:

-gem tang
- vlamingi tang
-fowleri tang
-koi tang
-blue throat trigger or Niger trigger
- clownx2
-blue hippo
-dwarf angel (maybe not, heard with caution)
- blue chromis/anthias
-wrassex2 ( don't know which yet)
-goby's
-blenny's

( with this all in mind I am unsure fully about which tangs or if I'm going to pull the trigger on dwarf angels). If you have suggestions for other's/alternatives please let me know:) i appreciate any help thank you:)

OP
OP
Tigerito

Tigerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I'm stocking a RedSea Peninsula 500 g2+ and these are the fish I am stocking I am unsure which order to place them in. I will be amonia cycling so even the valuables have the best chance.:) here's the list:

-gem tang
- vlamingi tang
-fowleri tang
-koi tang
- clownx2
-blue hippo
- blue chromis/anthias
-goby's
-blenny's

( with this all in mind I am unsure fully about which tangs or if I'm going to pull the trigger on dwarf angels). If you have suggestions for other's/alternatives please let me know:) i appreciate any help thank you:)
OH!!! And a powder blue tang:)

Shibaken3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
too much tang in a 100-gallon tank. And some are not suited for a 100-gallon.

Here's the list of order

first batch
- clownx2
-goby's
-blenny's

second batch
- blue chromis/anthias

third batch
-koi tang
-gem tang
-blue hippo
-powder
(pick two)

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to quarantine and add in batches? Consider the genicanthus angels such as the bellus and watanabe.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh right. Those confusing red sea numbers. Thought this was a 500 gallon.

OP
OP
Tigerito

Tigerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
too much tang in a 100-gallon tank. And some are not suited for a 100-gallon.

Here's the list of order

first batch
- clownx2
-goby's
-blenny's

second batch
- blue chromis/anthias

third batch
-koi tang
-gem tang
-blue hippo
-powder
(pick two)
Awesome thank you!! This is really helpful! Thank you for putting batches in too!

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one of my genicanthus angels that are reef safe.

15011.jpeg

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Awesome thank you!! This is really helpful! Thank you for putting batches in too!
I like his order. But if and when you introduce tangs put them all in at the same time. Best chance of cohabitation. I have 4 of the smaller tangs in my RedSea XL525 all out in at the same time about 18 months ago.

OP
OP
Tigerito

Tigerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like his order. But if and when you introduce tangs put them all in at the same time. Best chance of cohabitation. I have 4 of the smaller tangs in my RedSea XL525 all out in at the same time about 18 months ago.
Ok sounds good put them all in same time on second batch. Your tank volume seems to be about the same as mine "Gallons of water in system". but you have 4, would you recommend sticking with 2 as well or did you find 4 to be ok?

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be cautious about putting triggers in there with those small fish. For blue throat you need a lid, they are jumpers. Mine went carpet surfing one and last time.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be cautious about putting triggers in there with those small fish. For blue throat you need a lid, they are jumpers. Mine went carpet surfing one and last time.
My niger trigger jumped into the overflow once; never did that again. Pulled him out grunting up a storm!

OP
OP
Tigerito

Tigerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even when adding a juvenile after others?

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even when adding a juvenile after others?
It's a hit or miss. I just don't trust triggers. Who is to say that once it gets bigger, it won't start terrorizing smaller fish? They are carnivores with large appetites. That's what sucks about this hobby, you get one fish, and that eliminates 50 other fish from your list.

OP
OP
Tigerito

Tigerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a hit or miss. I just don't trust triggers. Who is to say that once it gets bigger, it won't start terrorizing smaller fish? They are carnivores with large appetites. That's what sucks about this hobby, you get one fish, and that eliminates 50 other fish from your list.
I could get a EEl to keep him in check? Hahah jkjk

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Ok sounds good put them all in same time on second batch. Your tank volume seems to be about the same as mine "Gallons of water in system". but you have 4, would you recommend sticking with 2 as well or did you find 4 to be ok?
I believe it depends on the tangs, and flexibility in future. My 4 are powder blue, lieutenant, lavender, and koles. Also have an orange spotted rabbit. The rabbit is fitting too large, so he is moving to a 210. In my other 210 I have bigger tangs desjardini, sailfin (yeah I know they are too similar, but on line orders and the sailfin was too large to go in with the other tank so I switched the powder blue with it introduced almost all of these tangs same time when I added the 210) Tomini, scopus, regal blue, and two scribbled rabbit fish. Never had a single problem with aggression after first few hours in QT. That being said I have a 160g and 2 210g tanks so I have options if the get two big. But I would say go with 1 tang or Three tangs as two sets up for one on one aggression whereas three allows for distraction. I also have enough rock that there is an almost full wall of rock with lots of caves, holes and hiding spaces that each fish can find a suitable home yet large open swim lane in top 6” and full length on front top to bottom and behind with exception of a couple rocks leaned on back wall for stability. This gives the cruisers plenty of room to swim.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back