Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15 Gallon Mixed Reef (Aqueon 20 Long)

Plenty of inverts
1 Court Jester Goby

Tiger Goby?

or Transparent Cave Goby?

ps. not a Tiger Watchman

They seem like a niche group of fish so I'm curious to see if someone has experience with them.

More importantly, which would YOU choose?

Steve and his Animals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elacatinus gobies are generally more outgoing and watchable than any Fusi gobies, so the tiger has my vote. Granted, both will likely be upside down in caves outside of feedings, but the tiger would also look better when you do see it imo.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
15 Gallon Mixed Reef (Aqueon 20 Long)

Plenty of inverts
1 Court Jester Goby

Tiger Goby?

or Transparent Cave Goby?

ps. not a Tiger Watchman

They seem like a niche group of fish so I'm curious to see if someone has experience with them.

More importantly, which would YOU choose?
Unless you are aset on another goby, there are many other fish to consider:
Cardinal
Firefish goby
strawberry bassley
yasha goby
anthias

OP
OP
Manpeckz

Manpeckz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay these would both look great! Just not sure if it’s the perfect match, there’s no lid currently so I would probably need to add one for such active swimmers. :D

If he sits he fits?! I have not looked into this yet but I always see @kevgib67 advocating for them!

Pink streak would be great. They aren’t really active swimmers like most wrasse, and just kinda scoot/creep around the tank in and out of cover.

Just make sure you only have peaceful friends, because pink streaks cannot tolerate aggression and have no ability to defend themselves.

Mechano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay these would both look great! Just not sure if it’s the perfect match, there’s no lid currently so I would probably need to add one for such active swimmers. :D

If he sits he fits?! I have not looked into this yet but I always see @kevgib67 advocating for them!
No lid means no gobies or Blennys as they are both jumpers along with a lot of wrasses as well

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Actually it was @Katrina71 who talked me into it when I thought I was done adding fish for over a year :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: . I’m glad she did!

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can find one and the price isn't crazy, definitely go for a Greissenger Goby! They can literally live happily only eating copepods (and don't require nearly as many as mandarins). I've kept them personally and can tell you that although they do hide a lot of the time, they're a true joy to watch flick their fins around when out of hiding on the sanded! I've maintained them in tanks smaller than yours actually. As long as you just dose a little phyto nightly to maintain your pod population they'll do just fine!

OP
OP
Manpeckz

Manpeckz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can find one and the price isn't crazy, definitely go for a Greissenger Goby! They can literally live happily only eating copepods (and don't require nearly as many as mandarins). I've kept them personally and can tell you that although they do hide a lot of the time, they're a true joy to watch flick their fins around when out of hiding on the sanded! I've maintained them in tanks smaller than yours actually. As long as you just dose a little phyto nightly to maintain your pod population they'll do just fine!
Between this and that yasha goby.. those are some wow fish!

Amazing they aren’t talked about more!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back