Which Heater should I buy???

b0bby1

Zoa/Paly Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats the best brand name reliable heater out there? i am putting a shopping list together for my new tank. its going to be a 150w.

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an All Glass Aquarium (AGA) heater in my main tank and 10 gallon. The heater in my main tank is controlled by the AquaController Jr, so no worries about it possibly "sticking" in the ON position. I've got a 300W heater in my 55 gallon, and on the rare occasion that it turns on, it restores the proper temp in no time. The 50W heater in my 10 gallon seems to struggle to keep the temperature up.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Visitherm Stealth

zoanthidman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you use the AC Jr to contorl the heater...what temp do you set the actual heater thermostat to?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I set my Reef Keeper 2 to keep my temp at 79.9. :) A controller offers peace of mind when out of town.

R

reef-nut

View Badges
So far the stealth is the one to have, but in 20 years I have never seen one that you can set at a temp. and have the tank run at that temp. Most companys guarantee there heaters within .5 degrees. I have never seen one do that!! There is noway , because of lights and pumps and so on that you can set a heater and walk away. You always have to mess with them.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's what is so great about the controller. :D

tazzy695

New As They Come
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know my visatherm I set it buried it under my rock in a higher flow area and my temp stays dead on all the time right where I set it

now true if I had the money I would have a controler that was set just above what I have my stealth set at so that IF it ever did fail in the on position it would have a failsafe

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back