Which Jebao Wavemaker for 40 Breeder?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pazzoman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pazzoman

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2025
Messages
49
Reaction score
29
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone, I’m setting up a 40 breeder for a mantis shrimp. So most likely won’t be having any corals. I’m looking for a wave maker that won’t break the bank and simply provide enough flow to push debris from one side of the tank towards my Seachem tidal 110 filter. I been out of the game for awhile, but I remember Jebao is a good budget wave maker. I was looking at these 2, what do you all think? Or should I try a different model? Figured Cross Flow length would cover more of the width of the tank.

https://a.co/d/2l8MgYx
Jebao SOW Wave Maker Flow Pump with Controller for Marine Reef Aquarium (SOW-20)
https://a.co/d/9GucpZA
 
Get something from the dmp line. A dmp 20 or dmp 40.

My 75g tank has an mp10 and mp40 and I love them. I needed a pump for my Waterbox nano. I took the plunge and ordered a dmp10 (jebao clone of the vortech mp series) and I would not get anything else. Order a dmp 20 or 40, either would be fine. The 20 would run on the higher range, and be a little narrower, the 40 would run on the lower range and have wider flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new