Which par is better for LPS tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Schulks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Schulks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2022
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
631
Location
Over yonder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Higher par setting: Lower Par setting:

Peakwhitev2[2].jpg
Bluelightv4[1].jpg

it is mostly just the front sandbed Par I am adjusting.


I am completely new to reef keeping so any advice is welcome. It is a 22gallon AIO.
I have 2 lights and can turn down/up the front sandbed by adjusting one of the lights.
I want to keep a bunch of chalices/favia near the sandbed and frogspawn/hammer/torches on the shelfs. Am considering an anemone but need to look into it more.
I might sneak some other lower light LPS under the shelves or in the back on the sides of the rockscape.

Thanks for readin!
 
Last edited:
Honestly both are probably fine. Almost anything can handle up to 100 PAR.

I’d probably go with the second one to give a little more range in case something isn’t happy.
 
I would pic either one. Looks good. No issues with either
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new