Which parameters to test on new tank with live rock?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fulltang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fulltang

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2018
Messages
192
Reaction score
176
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still gearing up to get my first tank up and running, a Fluval 13.5. I'll be using TBS live rock, which as you know comes with all kinds of critters. My plan right now is get the hang of reefing with just the live rock and its hitch hikers, and then think about adding things once I'm comfortable with reefing in general.

I was wondering what parameters/test kits I should get with this set up? I have an ammonia badge already, but I'm not sure if I need to drop the money on a full range test kit if I don't plan on adding a bunch of live stock for a while.

I'll be using Red Sea Salt (blue bucket), if that matters.
 
What SPR1968 said.

You will also need to stay up with other standards like salinity and temp. So you need a salinity tester.

Once you start adding corals, you have other things to test for as well if you want to be as perfect as you can be.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new