Which Photon V2+ for my tank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at buying Photon V2+ for my 180 gallon tank. I am having a hard time decided which size would be best for my tank. The tank is a AGA 180 gallon with 2 center braces. Tank is 72 x 24 x24. I will be hanging the lights in my canopy. I don't want a led cluster to be over top of the tank braces, which are 2 3/4 " wide. I thought about 3- 24"s and put one in between each brace, website says it measures 23.5″ x 8.5″ x 1″ tall. Or 2- 32" fixtures which measures 31.5″ x 8.5″ x 1″ tall and recommended for a 6ft tank. I don't know if the led clusters on this fixture would be over top of the braces though. On my tank, the center brace spacing is 21" and the two outer one are 22". Can you tell me what is the size of the spaces between the clusters and to the end of the fixtures?
Thanks.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at buying Photon V2+ for my 180 gallon tank. I am having a hard time decided which size would be best for my tank. The tank is a AGA 180 gallon with 2 center braces. Tank is 72 x 24 x24. I will be hanging the lights in my canopy. I don't want a led cluster to be over top of the tank braces, which are 2 3/4 " wide. I thought about 3- 24"s and put one in between each brace, website says it measures 23.5″ x 8.5″ x 1″ tall. Or 2- 32" fixtures which measures 31.5″ x 8.5″ x 1″ tall and recommended for a 6ft tank. I don't know if the led clusters on this fixture would be over top of the braces though. On my tank, the center brace spacing is 21" and the two outer one are 22". Can you tell me what is the size of the spaces between the clusters and to the end of the fixtures?
Thanks.

Hi,

Our kit with 2 x 32" Photon V2+ and linking rails is a great fit for tanks with 3 sections. You can easily center the braces between LED groups to avoid shadowing. Mounting your lights around 8-10" (easily done with our included mounting legs) will also negate much of the shadowing.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Our kit with 2 x 32" Photon V2+ and linking rails is a great fit for tanks with 3 sections. You can easily center the braces between LED groups to avoid shadowing. Mounting your lights around 8-10" (easily done with our included mounting legs) will also negate much of the shadowing.

Because of my canopy I can not use the legs or linking rails. What is the spacing between the led groups? Also I see on your website the the 24" lights are on backorder. Do you know when they will be available again incase I go that route?
Thanks

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because of my canopy I can not use the legs or linking rails. What is the spacing between the led groups? Also I see on your website the the 24" lights are on backorder. Do you know when they will be available again incase I go that route?
Thanks

You can use the rails in most canopies or simply mount them in the canopy. There is a few inches between each cluster. You can also go with 3 x Photon 16-V2+. The 24s might be too long end to end inside a canopy.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back