Which protein skimmer is better?

Xerxes_Zoanthids444

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2016
Messages
243
Reaction score
85
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm debating with myself on which protein skimmer to purchase, the
IMG_1482813478.725110.jpg
Vertex Omega 130 Protein Skimmer or the
IMG_1482813508.584152.jpg
Reef Octopus Classic 152 - S Protein Skimmer?

Money isn't an issue and I want the best of the best and would love your thoughts?

Thank you
 
I think without a doubt reef octopus is a more reputable brand. If you want something that looks nice then of course the vertex. Personally I don't like them because of their price. For that price you can buy a slimmer rated for 300 gallons. I would like to suggest the nyos or aquamaxx.
 
I have owned both. I would say vertex pulls a better skim out but the RO would do the job as well. If money is not a issue then vertex as it's better quality build by far and better resale value. Now for the nyos a friend of mine bought one and loves it. I went and check it out and it seems pretty well built and I would purchase that over the RO.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new