Which Salt is best?

HarryHarambe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a loaded question but I was wondering if everyone could share which Salt they use and why.

I have a Red Sea Max Nano so when I started the tank I went all out with Red Sea products and I use he Coral Pro Salt. As I get more experience I realize that his salts Alk is a lot higher then I want to keep my tank at. It mixes to about 12dKh and I’m looking to keep the tank around 9.8.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you said, you're going to get alot of mixed reviews. The two top (from my perspective) seems that Instant Ocean Reef Crystals, and Red Sea Coral Pro salt seem to be the top 2. Fritz is another one that comes highly recommended. I personally use Instant Ocean Reef Crystals. It mixes to parameters that i'm happy with every time, and have never had an issue.

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Coralife salt. It mimics natural sea water and isnt too expensive compared to other aforementioned salts. I don’t have the charts in front of me, but Coralife salt beats out most other brands in the majority of tested parameters (with the exception of low alk but that’s how natural sea water is)

Doclight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater Aquaria has a new salt.. Its awesome! Mixes clear.. good mix of trace elements. Dropped Instant ocean because it was reading phosphates..

Back