Which Skimmer Would You Choose?

reefer209

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree! The recirculating skimmer is the way to go. I run a recirculating skimmer and once it’s tuned it just runs and does it’s job without having to mess with it.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at the Tunze 9410 dc.
Cant hear it running and it is the easiest skimmer to clean.
I set it up on my 120 and have not adjusted it in 20 months.
I also have one ony 45 frag system for 14 months.
Very underrated skimmers.
Rated for a 80 gallon high load sps tank and works well on both of my tanks.
I am trying a co2 scrubber to see if has any effect on my ph.
Tank runs 7.9 to 8.1 from day one.
20210302_165033.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tiki Reef Joshua

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have run a few Reef Octopus on my tanks. I am currently running the Classic 152-S on my current tank. Great skimmer and affordable.
What size tank are you running? I’m worried about this being a bit undersized but I’m probably just being paranoid.

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I happen to run both a redsea and an Octo in two separate tanks. Both work very well. The difference I have seen is that the Octo seems to run much more even keeled then the red sea. It needs way less adjusting.

LDog74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea 900 on a 240 gallon & it’s a beast, almost too good. But features that IMO rank the RS very high are ease of maintenance. Easy to drain, massive collection cup, cleaning of the neck & if you want to completely clean all components it’s a very simple process.
My vote Red Sea

Aquanino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one with the neck cleaner, I run a few different systems with various different skimmers reef octopus, vertex, Aquaforest, bubble magus,JNS, Red Sea, innovate marine etc. The one with the neck cleaner which is the Red Sea one I have is an absolute pleasure to use. I would never buy a skimmer without one ever again.

2000se

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reason I ask is the pictures from the site show a white pump with a controller. It looks like yours is black??

Edit - wait. Now I see, there are 2 different versions of the 150.. One w/ a Varios and the other like you have. OK . I get it. Sorry for the false alarm.

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I happen to run both a redsea and an Octo in two separate tanks. Both work very well. The difference I have seen is that the Octo seems to run much more even keeled then the red sea. It needs way less adjusting.
What about sound? Which is the loudest?

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is having a DC pump always better for the skimmer? I am split between the 150-int and the Readsea 600. Hoping you guys can help me out here

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef octo has been the best I’ve used . I’ve had a lot of different brands over the years . The model I have is a regal 200 int which has a auto shut off if the cup gets full . It’s super easy to adjust . I also have a regal 150 int on a 75 gal . They are in my opinion great skimmers . And yes dc pump is the way to go with a skimmer , it gives you more control without having to worry as much with water levels to some degree.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back