Which skimmer

mccune

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning out the equipment for the 150 peninsula I just picked up
Tank will be plumbed down I to a sump approximately 40 gallons or so. In the future I may plumb in a frag tank or second small display to showcase small nano sized fish and crabs

I am trying to decide on what skimmer to go with I am looking at

Nyos 220
Reef octopus regal 200int
Reef octopus regal 200sss
Reef octopus elite 200 int
Maxspec areaqua duo

I would love a royal exclusive but just can’t spent that kind of money right now on just the skimmer.
Let me know what you think and what your experiences have been with all by of these

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to be honest I have had RO skimmers. but currently have a lifereef skimmer and no complaints at all. I would go with a lifereef skimmer over any other skimmer out on the market. ipump goes out on the lifereef. just go out and buy a new one. that is one thing that actracted me to lifereef. plus it just works great. a real simple setup and hasn't changed in years... lifereef.com.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ro elite, varios dc pump allows you to lower pump speed if low bioload.
Happy with my 150.

OP
OP
mccune

mccune

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking local forums I was able to locate a RO regal 200sss brand new for a great price.
I am thinking I may go with that option as with that price I can get the skimmer and order a neck cleaner and it will still be 150 less then the Nyos skimmer

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning out the equipment for the 150 peninsula I just picked up
Tank will be plumbed down I to a sump approximately 40 gallons or so. In the future I may plumb in a frag tank or second small display to showcase small nano sized fish and crabs

I am trying to decide on what skimmer to go with I am looking at

Nyos 220
Reef octopus regal 200int
Reef octopus regal 200sss
Reef octopus elite 200 int
Maxspec areaqua duo

I would love a royal exclusive but just can’t spent that kind of money right now on just the skimmer.
Let me know what you think and what your experiences have been with all by of these
Nyos here...great skimmers.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 52.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back