Which Species work with autofeeder

Gretchacha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30G reef tank with medium flow. The coral are growing in, and I am planning what fish to add. I want a low stock, low maintenance tank, and the ability to use an eheim auto feeder for travel. What would be good fish for this scenario other than a clownfish?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most fish- depending on what you put in your auto feeder ;) Do some research on what fish you want, and sort out how to feed them after that..

Note: I struggled a lot getting my anthias' to eat anything i could dispense using an auto feeder, so now i am dosing liquid food on a dosing pump. A sort of auto feeder i suppsoe...

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30G reef tank with medium flow. The coral are growing in, and I am planning what fish to add. I want a low stock, low maintenance tank, and the ability to use an eheim auto feeder for travel. What would be good fish for this scenario other than a clownfish?

Almost any fish will do ok with auto feeder. Royal Gramma or a smaller fairy/ flasher wrasse would do well I think. Firefish also.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most fish- depending on what you put in your auto feeder ;) Do some research on what fish you want, and sort out how to feed them after that..

Note: I struggled a lot getting my anthias' to eat anything i could dispense using an auto feeder, so now i am dosing liquid food on a dosing pump. A sort of auto feeder i suppsoe...
This. Just about everyone can be trained to eat off of a auto feeder. I luckily get my small harem of anthias to eat flake & pellets with no issues.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This. Just about everyone can be trained to eat off of a auto feeder. I luckily get my small harem of anthias to eat flake & pellets with no issues.
I want your anthias' in stead of mine :face-with-tears-of-joy: I mean, my lyretails are pretty- but to set up that liquid feeder just for them? :face-with-monocle: At least it satisfied the gear junkie in me..

OP
OP
Gretchacha

Gretchacha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm, it seemed like a number of fish I was interested in would need target feeding. Opinions on pistol shrimp goby pair? Longnose hawkfish? Toby puffer?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 31.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 58 27.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back