Which temperature gauge do you trust

  • Thread starter Thread starter woody123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

woody123

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
uk
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.
I don’t know if this has been discussed before or any tests have been done.
Currently running on my tank there is an
Itc which is controlling my heaters, an apex
And Red Sea ato which has temp gauge.
As of now these are the temperatures

ITC- 25.7c / 78.26f
Apex- 26.6c / 79.88
Red Sea - 27.2 / 80.96

Does anybody know which one is the most accurate or is this something not to be too worried about?
Everything in my tank is doing fine but could it be better if temperature was correct?
 
I don't think I'll be much help deciding which is the most accurate, but all the readings are within normal limits. No matter which is correct, you're good regardless. Everything will most likely act/grow the same in any of your listed temperatures.

Welcome to R2R. :)
 
All will have variance
Pick the one in the middle and use that and keep in mind one of yours typically is 1 degree less and the other 1 degree more
 
Are the probes in different locations? I don’t think it makes a difference they all are within the right range. I would watch them all and look for variations in each probes own reading. I think consistency is better than perfect accuracy. Also even the oceans temps fluctuate so as long as there aren’t huge swings and you stay in range your livestock will be safe.

Perfect is sometimes the enemy of good!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new