Which Tunze?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Edmund Y.

Edmund Y.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a generic pattern to try and you can fine tune it from there-

One pump in each back corner about 8" from the top with a very slight upward angle, just a few degrees, aim them to hit the front about 4.5ft away, you don't want to go corner to corner but before the corner, corner to corner the flow bounces back, if we hit before the corner we glance it and roll it around. I would have one pump idle at low speed and the other pulse between the lowest speed and the highest speed you corals can handle. Every 6 hours switch them so the other pulses and the other idles. As far as the wide vs narrow, narrow flow is about 18" wide 7ft of reach, wide flow is a bit over 2ft wide and 5 ft of reach, basically I would choose wide flow for Euphyllias and Gonis, most everything else will do OK in the narrow, but you may want to experiment with what gives the corals the best appearance (most open) and keeps detritus swept up.

If I put it on the back wall the overflow box blocks it. Can it be on the corner of the side wall ?

OP
OP
Edmund Y.

Edmund Y.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E1046E91-E920-47BF-AD3C-66BF75F37454.jpeg
This is the pic of the tank with the overflow

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back