Which Vibrant to use?

holli1210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know the difference between the Vibrant for Saltwater and the Vibrant for Reef? I can't seem to find a clear answer. I don't have any corals, but I have crabs, snails, a large coral banded shrimp that I'm not willing to sacrifice, and an anemone. I also have an abundance of GHA. My LFS says Vibrant is the best, but even they aren't sure what the difference is between the two versions.

Bret Brinkmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use Vibrant reef. I can't find any info on what the difference is, but I did find a discrepancy in the product listing. Vibrant Reef is for coral reef tanks including invertebrates. Vibrant Saltwater is for fish only tanks, and here is the discrepancy, but supposed to be safe for invertebrates too. I'm going to try and contact them directly for clarification and will let you know. I'm curious to learn myself now as the ingredients for both are the same. Although I suspect the bacteria cultures for each are different.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back