Which Wavemaker for Red Sea reefer 250?

Sordfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a new RS 250. I am debating between Nero 3 and Nero 5. Would 2 Nero 5s on the back wall, one on each side of the overflow, be too much? Or should I go with 2 Nero 3s? The main reason I am considering the Neros is because I have AI Primes. I figured this way I can use one app to control the lights and the wave pumps. I'd have preferred to go with the Apex wave makers; everything else will be on my Apex Classic (return pump, ATO, DOS). But they are huge and seem to be so powerful as to pin the fish to the glass in a tank as small as the RS 250.

ramullins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s late but I would go with two Nero 3’s. I have one in my 30 gallon and it does great on random flow. I use a ice cap gyro 1k in my Red Sea 250 on the side wall.

muggle reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a waterbox 100.3 which is about same size, for it at the moment I have a Red Sea wave 25. I have aqua illumination lights, what I don:t know yet is if I need an additional wave make or power head. I was not pleased with red sea]s reaf wave as far as it`s app installation goes. However the unit in manual mode works just fine, just fewer settings. The AI lights were a breze so far to set up and install which makes me want to use their power head if I add any more.

ramullins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a waterbox 100.3 which is about same size, for it at the moment I have a Red Sea wave 25. I have aqua illumination lights, what I don:t know yet is if I need an additional wave make or power head. I was not pleased with red sea]s reaf wave as far as it`s app installation goes. However the unit in manual mode works just fine, just fewer settings. The AI lights were a breze so far to set up and install which makes me want to use their power head if I add any more.
It is the same for AI powerheads . The app is really nice and easy to use

OP
OP
Sordfish

Sordfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s late but I would go with two Nero 3’s. I have one in my 30 gallon and it does great on random flow. I use a ice cap gyro 1k in my Red Sea 250 on the side wall.
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I picked up one Nero 5 on Black Friday. I hope I can position it just right to create proper flow.

OP
OP
Sordfish

Sordfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did 2 Red Sea Reef Wave 25s. Very happy with Red Sea and the Red Sea app. I did all Red Sea. Very happy. Ordering a 3XL Reefer 900 in the morning!!!!!:)
I did not know they made a 900. I thought the 500 I just got was big. Wow. You are going to need a Caterpillar truck to bring that one in ;) Please post your adventures here.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back