Which would you accept?

  • Thread starter Thread starter scotty333
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

scotty333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2024
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
898
Location
portugal
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanna phosphate checkers drive me round the bend sometimes

I’m targeting.05-6 po4 with weighed out food added daily

Trouble is I was told the ulr is more accurate at lower ranges so check these pics out and tell me which is core t ( ran the same sample twice

I’m not buying the phosphorus one to give myself even more headaches

IMG_3272.jpeg IMG_3273.jpeg
 
The phosphate ULR is more accurate.

The difference between 0.06ppm and 0.12ppm is dismal IMO. Just use the ULR and don’t bother with the regular one, and definitely don’t get the crappy phosphorus ULR checker which uses the same reagent as the phosphate ULR.
 
Thing is I’ve had .6 for the last week then say .12 and thought that’s not possible
The second run on the lr makes perfect t sense
Last night I ran a Salifert aswel and looked around .03 but not above .1
 
Well I get the same every day , .11 on ulr and .06 ulr
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new