White Bare Bottom Solution for Red Sea Reefers?

BRS

Chojubai

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
After falling in love with the Emoceans tank on instagram for a while, I've been wondering how to do a white bare bottom on my current red sea reefer build. Many threads on here suggested starboard plastic siliconed to the bottom of the glass, but I've heard the starboard easily grows coralline algae. Tonight I've been wondering about another approach.

Has anyone who wanted a white bare bottom considered or actually tried painting the top of the red sea cabinet white? That way the bare bottom is the glass which resists coralline algae and makes the cleaning easier, while still giving the modern elegant white bare bottom?

Top Shelf Aquatics

newreef1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
After falling in love with the Emoceans tank on instagram for a while, I've been wondering how to do a white bare bottom on my current red sea reefer build. Many threads on here suggested starboard plastic siliconed to the bottom of the glass, but I've heard the starboard easily grows coralline algae. Tonight I've been wondering about another approach.

Has anyone who wanted a white bare bottom considered or actually tried painting the top of the red sea cabinet white? That way the bare bottom is the glass which resists coralline algae and makes the cleaning easier, while still giving the modern elegant white bare bottom?
I’ve loved Emoceans tank as well on Instagram. I would love to set up my live rock like that, modern and minimal.

AquaCave Logo Banner

kinetic

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0

I tried that in an ELOS 120 in the past. The tank was BB with a thin foam piece (like insulation you find at home depot). It isn't the same as white starboard because you still get a ton of reflection from the glass, but it is a "whiter" reflection (if that makes any sense).

Overall, it's good, but still looks very bare bottom.

Reef Breeders