White blob inside Hammer in between mouths

  • Thread starter Thread starter buruskeee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

buruskeee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2023
Messages
1,130
Reaction score
773
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dip aggressively but only saw this after it opened up. It’s a reverse indo branching hammer I picked up recently. Need advice on first, the ID, and second if it’s safe to scrape off without hurting the coral.

Texture looks somewhat sponge like but also skeleton/rock like.

These are shots before lights come on.

IMG_5485.jpeg

IMG_5483.jpeg


If on PC, here’s a vid:

 
The pictures look like mouth on my phone. I would not try to scrape it off.
 
The pictures look like mouth on my phone. I would not try to scrape it off.
Like a third mouth?

I wish I could record exactly how my eyes see.

So this blob is between the 2 mouths of the splitting hammer. Like almost exactly between the 2.
 
Like a third mouth?

I wish I could record exactly how my eyes see.

So this blob is between the 2 mouths of the splitting hammer. Like almost exactly between the 2.
If the head is growing that is where the new head is coming from. Again, this is what I see on the phone picture.
 
If the head is growing that is where the new head is coming from. Again, this is what I see on the phone picture.
I think Ive concluded it might have been mesenteric filaments.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new