White Blotches ???

autobotcop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
This is my first time posting,
Today I noticed white blotches on the side of my Emperor angelfish.I had him about 2 years now.
He is eating fine, no change in behavior , he is the boss of the tank, which is a very peaceful tank, lol
I haven’t added any new fish to my system in about a year. Everything in my system was quarantine before they went into my main display.
All of my parameters are perfect.(300 gallon Folwr) Every other fish in the tank is healthy.
Any help would be appreciated!!
Thank you

IMG_6030.jpeg IMG_6029.jpeg IMG_6028.jpeg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Phone a friend - can you give details - how large, Its not an adult - could be an injury if its only on one side. Did you add anything else to the tank (Know you didn't add fish) .Could also be a weird reaction to a sting/injury

OP
OP
A

autobotcop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phone a friend - can you give details - how large, Its not an adult - could be an injury if its only on one side. Did you add anything else to the tank (Know you didn't add fish) .Could also be a weird reaction to a sting/injury
Thanks for the quick response
He’s about 7 inches
It’s only one side, I have no corals or anemones.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL One thing I can definitely tell you that is not a 7 inch Emperor angel (at least a normal one - one can see its changing - but that usually happens at a smaller size. .

OP
OP
A

autobotcop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I didn’t get a tape measure , lol but he’s a bigger than my iPhone 15 max so I figured 7, I just wanted some help
Thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello
Today I noticed white blotches on the side of my Emperor angelfish.I had him about 2 years now.
He is eating fine, no change in behavior , he is the boss of the tank, which is a very peaceful tank, lol
I haven’t added any new fish to my system in about a year. Everything in my system was quarantine before they went into my main display.
All of my parameters are perfect.(300 gallon Folwr) Every other fish in the tank is healthy.
Thank you

Often called thumbprint, it’s a bacterial infection and you can treat tank with ruby rally pro which will take longer or in a separate quarantine setting with seachem neoplex
A good diet will help also high in amino
What foods are you feeding this fish?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Thank you

Emperor angels frequently show changes in skin coloration for even minor issues. This looks like a scrape, or superficial bacterial infection to me.

Jay

OP
OP
A

autobotcop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Often called thumbprint, it’s a bacterial infection and you can treat tank with ruby rally pro which will take longer or in a separate quarantine setting with seachem neoplex
A good diet will help also high in amino
What foods are you feeding this fish?
I’m feeling them a variety, frozen , pellets , clams, flakes etc, they eat better than me lol
I’ll give the ruby rally a try.
Thank you for your help

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the information !!!
Obviously keep a close eye on and watch for it growing or new lesions starting up, or any new symptoms that develop.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back