White film?

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yellow tang had Ich weeks ago. I treated with polyplab medic and it’s gone away.

HOWEVER, ever since I’ve had him he randomly gets this white film all over him. Some days it’s more than others. No fish have any symptoms. I have kole, yellow, 2 clowns, 2 wrasses, 4 chromis

Here’s a pic

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yellow tang had Ich weeks ago. I treated with polyplab medic and it’s gone away.

HOWEVER, ever since I’ve had him he randomly gets this white film all over him. Some days it’s more than others. No fish have any symptoms. I have kole, yellow, 2 clowns, 2 wrasses, 4 chromis

Here’s a pic

This appears to be bacterial along with HLLE and both likely due to issues with water quality and diet
Assure your ammonia and nitrate are not elevated and diet consists of more than just flakes and pellets

OP
OP
radreef02

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This appears to be bacterial along with HLLE and both likely due to issues with water quality and diet
Assure your ammonia and nitrate are not elevated and diet consists of more than just flakes and pellets

They are good levels. The tank went through stress from removing the blue tang cus he was tearing up my yellow and when I had to take convict out due to bacterial infection. (At least 1m ago)

So, his diet consist of vitamins(selcon) mixed in nori and he gets pellets

The problem is, all he eats is pellets. He ignored any frozen

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here’s a pic

Polyp Lab doesn't always cure ich 100% - maybe the fish has a chronic case?

I would think possible flukes, but this is a tank raised fish and unlikely to have flukes unless it caught them from one of your other fish, and those don't have symptoms, right?

jay

OP
OP
radreef02

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Polyp Lab doesn't always cure ich 100% - maybe the fish has a chronic case?

I would think possible flukes, but this is a tank raised fish and unlikely to have flukes unless it caught them from one of your other fish, and those don't have symptoms, right?

jay
Fully understand, I just used the polyp as an aid in the fight. I gave up on treating ich. I QTd mainly to rid velvet but ich made it through so I’m managing it with big UV and low stress . Tank at first had 4 tangs and all were good but I had to take out convict to QT and Blue due to biting

No, ever since I stopped polyplab treatment they stopped doing any symptoms. The kole has never showed anything. The yellow is the only fish that shows white film, and also the only one that got ich in the past.

He eats like crazy, never shows anything but the white film

OP
OP
radreef02

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update. The white film is slimming away but it’s definitely HLLE. And a worm. What is this ?

Just bulged out today. Still eating amazing and pooping normal

Attachments

• IMG_6252.png
    IMG_6252.png
    828.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6249.png
    IMG_6249.png
    788.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6246.png
    IMG_6246.png
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6240.png
    IMG_6240.png
    894.7 KB · Views: 26

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. The white film is slimming away but it’s definitely HLLE. And a worm. What is this ?

Just bulged out today. Still eating amazing and pooping normal
The HLLE is a bit different in these Biota fish, I call it “epithelial thinning”. Some of them grow out of it with good diets and lots of food.

I’m more concerned about that hole on the right side of its abdomen - any idea what caused that? Is there another tang in this tank?

Jay

OP
OP
radreef02

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The HLLE is a bit different in these Biota fish, I call it “epithelial thinning”. Some of them grow out of it with good diets and lots of food.

I’m more concerned about that hole on the right side of its abdomen - any idea what caused that? Is there another tang in this tank?

Jay

Okay I wasn’t aware of that, I will continue to try to feed him different stuff and vitamins

Wasn’t sure if it’s a hole or a worm. It kinda sticks out. There is a kole tang in this tank that’s twice his size

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I wasn’t aware of that, I will continue to try to feed him different stuff and vitamins

Wasn’t sure if it’s a hole or a worm. It kinda sticks out. There is a kole tang in this tank that’s twice his size

Could the Kole tang have swiped at it? It sure looks like a tang puncture to me.....

Jay

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

• My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

• I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back