White fuzzy growth. ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Calmbeast
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Calmbeast

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2014
Messages
108
Reaction score
3
Location
Eastern PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just noticed this white almost fuzzy looking growth in one of my rocks. There were no lights on the tank for a couple months. Now that I have lights hooked up this popped out at me. It looks like it has an opening in the middle. Could it just be a big sponge? Thanks for any help!
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1430501561.921480.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1430501588.315282.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1430501607.137301.jpg
 
It's probably just some type of sponge like you said. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
 
Okay cool. Thanks! I get a decent amount of sponges usually.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new