White growth on Clownfish. Disease ID?

ChrisAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Could anyone please help me with an ID on this disease/growth/infection.

The tank is about 2 months old. Fully cycled. Nothing in the tank except substrate, dry rock and 2 clown fish. Got the clown fish about 2 weeks ago from a pet store. Tested water and all parameters seem to be in place.

The white growth or infection seems to be coming from the gill as seen in the pictures. There is also another small one by his ventricle (anal fin). It seems to have popped up overnight as it wasn't seen the day before.

Does anyone know what it could be and any possible courses of action for treatment?

Thanks so much. Let me know if you need any more info.

IMG_20200106_081713.jpg

IMG_20200106_081712.jpg

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to be lymphocytis, viral infection that will subside on its own with great water quality and nutrition.

Check out this thread.

OP
OP
ChrisAquariums

ChrisAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to be lymphocytis, viral infection that will subside on its own with great water quality and nutrition.

Check out this thread.

You are 100% right. Thank you for the feedback.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The poor fish has been through a lot before it got to you. Likely its immune system can use a bit of help. There has been recently quite a bit of buzz about feeding/dosing fish in situations like yours with Beta Glucan.
Here's an interesting article from Advanced Aquarist that may help with your beautiful fish:

OP
OP
ChrisAquariums

ChrisAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The poor fish has been through a lot before it got to you. Likely its immune system can use a bit of help. There has been recently quite a bit of buzz about feeding/dosing fish in situations like yours with Beta Glucan.
Here's an interesting article from Advanced Aquarist that may help with your beautiful fish:

Thank you for this, I have just read through the article and sounds great. Will see if I can find the product anywhere in my local fish stores or online.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for this, I have just read through the article and sounds great. Will see if I can find the product anywhere in my local fish stores or online.
Amazon sells it; your local health food stores too. ;)

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 71.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back