White growth on live rocks

Rovii91

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2021
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Sydney australia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, new to the hobby.
Ove got a 30Gallpn tank with approx 17kgs of live rock and live carab sand.

I'm running a protein skimmer, fluval 207 cannister and salinity is at 1.024 at 28 degrees.
But I've just noticed this smooth looking white growth on some rocks.

20210422_141713.jpg 20210422_141658.jpg 20210421173933s.jpg
 
This appears to be a sponge material. Lift rock out and using gloves, pull by hand and even a pick and discard and finish by brushing rock with a firm toothbrush and hydrogen peroxide
 
I
This appears to be a sponge material. Lift rock out and using gloves, pull by hand and even a pick and discard and finish by brushing rock with a firm toothbrush and hydrogen peroxide
Should have mentioned this earlier, it's only 1 week old with seeded live rock - does that make a difference
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new