White hairs on Hammer coral stem

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks, as for the one's on the large single piece aquascape, I can't really pull the whole of it out the tank. Is it best to leave and focus on the corals?
You can scrape and siphon in tank but risk may be spread of them

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Not something I really want to risk, and by the sounds of it they are just going to come back.
Directing water flow towards them will prevent food source from reaching them and they will slowly starve

OP
OP
sawrip

sawrip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Directing water flow towards them will prevent food source from reaching them and they will slowly starve
This got me thinking, I often feed live river shrimp to all my predetors. Wondering if I should cut out the frozen and just beef up on the live feedings until starved out?

OP
OP
sawrip

sawrip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, was wondering how did the treatment go for the coral boring worms?
So I had two issues, hydroids and worms. Hydroids are being dealt with by increasing flow and removing broadcast feeding, I'm just going to use live food for my predetors for the next few months. Worms were all killed with a strong Ivermectin dip. I pulled all my SPS / LPS and dipped them each for 90 minutes. Dosage was high at 20 drops @ 1 percent per pint of water. All LPS and SPS are now looking much better.

Last edited:

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back