White lumps on Sailfin tang

tiashecos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone can tell me whats wrong with my tang. Noticed these little white lumps all over him that were not there in the past few days. He is still eating like a pig and swimming around happily. Seems to be the only fish in the tank with the problem. He is the newest addition to the tank and has only been in there for around two weeks

9E143A56-1A40-444F-917D-CEBAD6683FE5.jpeg 24EB66CC-B8DE-4BC2-9C91-46C4E816E614.jpeg

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Pictures taken under blue light are almost impossible to diagnose. Can you take some under white light? It does look like your tang may have Cryptocaryon, marine ich, but I can't tell for sure. Here is a link to some other background information that is helpful for us to know when trying to come up with a treatment:

Thanks,

Jay

OP
OP
T

tiashecos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Pictures taken under blue light are almost impossible to diagnose. Can you take some under white light? It does look like your tang may have Cryptocaryon, marine ich, but I can't tell for sure. Here is a link to some other background information that is helpful for us to know when trying to come up with a treatment:

Thanks,

Jay
The lumps are hard to see under white light so i took it under the blue light as they “shine”. They are quite literally white “gritty” lumps. None of the lumps have broken the skin its like he has a bad case of white heads/acne.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I looked at the pics again and really cannot give you a solid diagnosis. If you see white spots n he clear portions of the fins it is more likely ich. If the spots aren’t on any fins, it may not be ich.
Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back