White nudibranch hitchhiker

JamieSheffield

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2012
Messages
17
Reaction score
1
Location
Lake Clear, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an order from reefcleaners yesterday with some macro and snails for my tanks, and after dumping some of the snails into my Mantis tank, I noticed a tiny white thing floating/swirling around in the water...after a while it attached to the side, and I got a good look at it.

It's about a centimeter long when fully extended, and white...like a grain of rice. It has a pair of black antennae coming off the front end, and has been patrolling the front of the tank all day.

I can't find anything similar googling "white nudibranch", but I'm not worried, as this is a pest tank, I added some caulerpa yesterday to balance the aiptasia and majano...

Sorry for the pic, but I don't have my camera with me, and this is the best my iPad could do...

a399da64-3a25-08fe.jpg

Jamie


Sent from my iPad by the power of Greyskull!
 
I am not sure to be honest.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new