White or Black Stand?

SeaJelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m planning on buying the NUVO INT 170 Complete Reef System. It comes in either a white or black stand.

I’m generally partial to black, but it will be going in a relatively dark room downstairs (on concrete but it’s a finished basement where our tv/living room/office is set up).

My main reason for questioning what color I want is because I can get the white option on BRS (and get those points lol), whereas I would buy the black option on the IM website directly.

Is white a good option/does a tank look good with a white stand? What’s everyone’s thoughts?

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go black, but I'm more of a natural wood guy. White always looks too 1950's to me. That's just me, though...

Ef4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be fine with either, my one system I built has a white stand, it stays looking really clean - no water spots or salt creep show up on white like they do on black stands

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who looks at the stand?
I do. :)
But I'm partial to wood also.

20240325_111053.jpg

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back