White or Black Stand?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SeaJelly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SeaJelly

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2024
Messages
97
Reaction score
263
Location
Whidbey Island
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m planning on buying the NUVO INT 170 Complete Reef System. It comes in either a white or black stand.

I’m generally partial to black, but it will be going in a relatively dark room downstairs (on concrete but it’s a finished basement where our tv/living room/office is set up).

My main reason for questioning what color I want is because I can get the white option on BRS (and get those points lol), whereas I would buy the black option on the IM website directly.

Is white a good option/does a tank look good with a white stand? What’s everyone’s thoughts?
 
I would go black, but I'm more of a natural wood guy. White always looks too 1950's to me. That's just me, though...
 
I’d be fine with either, my one system I built has a white stand, it stays looking really clean - no water spots or salt creep show up on white like they do on black stands
 
Who looks at the stand?
I do. :)
But I'm partial to wood also.

20240325_111053.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new