White Patches Stag Horn

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pete Luna
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pete Luna

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2019
Messages
844
Reaction score
535
Location
Norway
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New to the SPS scene. I noticed last couple days? Any thoughts?
IMG_0317.JPG
IMG_0314.JPG
 
Got a couple thoughts on this. Flatworms could be hanging around somewhere on this guy or STN. Either way, give it a good dip!If it doesn't seem to help or the white spot keeps growing, I would personally try and frag it.
 
I don’t think that’s AEFW bites or damage. I’ve had something similar happen to a BC honeycomb frag recently, and I just watched it. Sure enough, tissue is growing back around that area. Point being, sometimes a little damage can be monitored before you do anything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new