White sediment in my sump

Reef Devils

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2023
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
9,621
Location
Durham, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this white sediment in the bottom of my sump. I see it in the corners and by my return pump. I don’t think it is sand.
IMG_0344.jpeg
IMG_0345.jpeg
 
Can tell if it is sand I touched it and it was a little slimy. Not sure how sand is in my sump. This is a new tank and is a little more than 2 weeks old. No fish yet.
 
Upvote 0
What is this white sediment in the bottom of my sump. I see it in the corners and by my return pump. I don’t think it is sand.
IMG_0344.jpeg
IMG_0345.jpeg
Either sand or precipitation
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Is detritus white because I looked up pictures and it looks brown. Is it normal to have detritus and how to I deal with it. My tank is almost 3 weeks old and have no fish yet.
 
Upvote 0

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new