White Slime in Sump

reeferttb

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2021
Messages
20
Reaction score
5
Location
nashville tn
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I woke up this morning to another bloom of white slime all in the sump. The only thing I have changed on my tank is adding the Red Sea reefdose system 2 days ago. I have it dosing the usual, alkalinity, calcium, magnesium, and nopox. I have the doses all set to Red Sea’s recommended portions for my tank. I have been dosing manually for months and all parameters are spot on. What could be causing the white slime in the sump?

00CAF563-3036-4ABE-86D6-68D58B9FACE8.jpeg 89DD31A9-3191-4DAE-91BE-C13ACE4C5503.jpeg A4874FA8-B25F-4802-BB50-090D902F411A.jpeg DDD03ABF-E502-4A84-BF3D-A2C77589DF6B.jpeg
 
My guess is you don’t need to be adding nopox, And it’s feeding the slime.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new