White soft tissue grows on goni skeleton

gabriellar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2025
Messages
183
Reaction score
88
Location
illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi, does anyone know what this white tissue may be, and if I should remove it asap? Currently, it is not bothering the red goni (it's not receding; the white tissue-covered area is a smooth skeleton cut surface); it still looks happy every day. But I kinda want to make sure those are not bacteria or anything bad...
IMG_3340.jpeg
 
+1 for sponge, I’d brush it off myself
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new