White spot on blue cheek goby

Davos2911

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some help. I have noticed today my blue cheek goby has some white marking on his tail. He seems to be acting normally and feeding but not sure if its cause or concern. All other fish are fine.

20201220_091231.jpg 20201220_091233.jpg 20201220_091229.jpg

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it on his side fins also? I'd say it's ich. Google some pics and compare it to your guy.

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes its on the other fins. What can I do if anything as I dont have a quarintine tank
Few yrs ago I had a yellow tang that had ich, found treatment that said it was reef safe. I think it had garlic in it, treated the whole tank, ich went away and had no coral casualties

OP
OP
D

Davos2911

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats interesting do you know what the product was? I have read a lot about qt and copper medication but it sounds very hap hazard if you are not experienced by the sounds of it

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if that is Ich or something else. Some of the spots seem larger than typical white spot, and it also looks like it has some fin rot (rear fin looks a little chewed up). I'd try a fresh water dip to be sure it isn't flukes before medicating the tank. If no flukes drop off, you might also do a Safety Stop dip while you have it out of the tank.

OP
OP
D

Davos2911

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if that is Ich or something else. Some of the spots seem larger than typical white spot, and it also looks like it has some fin rot (rear fin looks a little chewed up). I'd try a fresh water dip to be sure it isn't flukes before medicating the tank. Might also do a Safety Stop dip while you have it out of the tank.
Thanks for that, how do you do a fresh water dip? Sorry it might be a strange question but ai have never done this before. I think my bi colour angel gave him a bit of a hard time initially but she has calmed down now so was putting the starggly fin down to fin nipping.

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Search the fish disease and treatment forum for more info on dipping your fish.

The gist is exactly what it sounds like, you place them (dip) in a small container.

With no qt tank are you going the natural path vs intervention which is the qt path.

Ensure you are feeding very healthy foods.

What are you feeding your fish?

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What brand is the frozen food? That's sounds decent.

The better foods you can feed the healthier your fish will be. I amv taking a deep dive on feeding this coming year.

OP
OP
D

Davos2911

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its ocean nutrition marine mix. I get it from coral aquatics in Glasgow. They are really good in there

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back