White spots on Sps

Turd Ferguson

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2019
Messages
97
Reaction score
42
Location
Oakville, On
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
noticed these white spots on his coral, would I be correct something like a nudi is munching on it or is the decay a sign of bleaching? Located near the top of the tank, lit by x4 T5

thanks

FAC03453-87EC-4C6E-80C3-84F75953951D.jpeg 9214E5C9-CE03-4EB9-81A0-E1B8455EC034.jpeg
 
How long have you had it and did this just occur (overnight) or has it occurred over a period of days?
 
I’ve had it for about 2 weeks and the spot started appear two days ago.
 
Today I discovered a red legged hermit crab on the coral. Pretty sure that’s the culprit. Aside from the white areas the coral seems fine. May have to drag it tho...
 
Hermit crabs regularly rest on my SPS and sometimes will hang out for days on branches before crawling off, with no ill effect to the SPS. If this one is new, it may not like the conditions you have in your tank compared to the tank it came from. Suggest checking water parameters and looking over coral when lights are out with a blue light flashlight to see if there are pests present.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new