White string floating around

Willapotamus

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Altamonte Springs
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8793B87E-68FA-4C35-A823-881B6FF5B92C.png

Hello everyone! I am 3 weeks into my 55 gallon tank cycle and I just moved my over the tank filter to move it the right a little bit and out flew all this white fluffy/stringy stuff and it’s all over my tank! Is this good bacteria or is this bad? I just added two Clownfish in today.

Salinity - 1.025
Ammonia- 0.10 ppm
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0
Phosphate - 0
 
Hard to tell especially being distant and black and white
 
Could be bacteria or numerous other things. I wouldn't worry about it. Skim it out with a net if it's bothering you. Congrats on the new fish! Have fun!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new