White string poop still appearing

Arvind Arya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a male onyx clownfish that always has a long stringy poop. I have tried prazi numerous times and no effect. is there another treatment for it? It eats but is skinny... the seller sold it to me this way unfortunately.

Any medication or additives to food? thanks

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still stringy, white poo? Did you give the clown medicated food with Praziquantel in it or did you just treat the water column with PraziPro?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider feeding your clown a mix of Metro + food + Focus. Feed just enough for the fish to eat, if feeding in the DT. Suck out the left overs with a turkey baster. In a QT no worries. Can dose Metro in the water too along with feeding the above mix, in the QT.

Here's @Humblefish 's complete treatment for internal parasites:

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
General cure mixed in food with focus for internal parasites.

Here:

OP
OP
Arvind Arya

Arvind Arya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he came to me skinny but he eats... paired with a larger clown.... she eats like a champ too.
I feed pellets- TDO mostly and sometimes NLS... also flakes and once a week-mysis or reef frenzy

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he came to me skinny but he eats... paired with a larger clown.... she eats like a champ too.
I feed pellets- TDO mostly and sometimes NLS... also flakes and once a week-mysis or reef frenzy
A well rounded diet full of proteins and fats is a real good thing for overall fish health. Consider making your fish a "fish smoothie". It's real easy. Buy an assortment of frozen fish cubes like mysis, brine shrimp, chopped clams, etc. 5 or 6 varieties will do. Take one of each type and place into a tupperware. Place in your fridge and allow the cubes to "slump" (melt). Mix the cubes. Let the mix rest for a bit. Pour off the excess liquid or strain off the liquid. The mix will stay good in your fridge for a few days. You can also add a drop or two of vitamins like Selcon, Zoecon, etc. Your fish will love this smoothie. And you will get fat, happy fish that live long lives. ;)

Here's the link to the article that @jsker wrote that inspired my fish smoothie

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great advice... seems like i need some Focus and other meds.....
I prefer using General Cure + Focus mixed with their food. General cure has both Praziquantel and Metronidazole in it therefore attacks both internal parasites and worms!

If the fish is noticeably getting skinny, best start this asap while he's still eating. Once it worsens and he stops eating, there's nothing to be done to get the meds in his stomach!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back