white stringey poo but doubting

Fishday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, thanks for reading.
my two clowns are def. white stringey pooping, but got some doubts that I need help confirming.

1. no pinched stomach, fat and bulky

2. been in cage for illegal street fights, and while caged, they were given very little of diff food (nyos) like 3-4 pellets per day and they had normal brown, well-chopped poo.

3. once released, changed their diet (to dr. bassleer, much more dry food), and here we are white pooping.
also, they are eating way too much, understandably so, like 10x the prison food portion ..

For these reasons, I think no internal parasites and yes upset stomach after overeating new diet, but also coincident with a new fish introduction (introduction and release from prison happen on the same day).
What do you guys think? I could API general cure them to be sure, but this is qt and I gotta be running cupramine + melafix + pimafix... running more meds would be like wearing 4 masks at once for my fishes don't want to do that

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, thanks for reading.
my two clowns are def. white stringey pooping, but got some doubts that I need help confirming.

1. no pinched stomach, fat and bulky

2. been in cage for illegal street fights, and while caged, they were given very little of diff food (nyos) like 3-4 pellets per day and they had normal brown, well-chopped poo.

3. once released, changed their diet (to dr. bassleer, much more dry food), and here we are white pooping.
also, they are eating way too much, understandably so, like 10x the prison food portion ..

For these reasons, I think no internal parasites and yes upset stomach after overeating new diet, but also coincident with a new fish introduction (introduction and release from prison happen on the same day).
What do you guys think? I could API general cure them to be sure, but this is qt and I gotta be running cupramine + melafix + pimafix... running more meds would be like wearing 4 masks at once for my fishes don't want to do that
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

It is probably related to diet, as you suspected. You could hold off to see if it worsens, and then try General Cure (if you have some on hand, most stores are out of stock, I wonder if it is off the market).

As a side note - I wouldn’t dose melafix and pimafix with copper….no definite contraindication, but those two products are more herbal additives than true medications.

Jay

OP
OP
F

Fishday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

It is probably related to diet, as you suspected. You could hold off to see if it worsens, and then try General Cure (if you have some on hand, most stores are out of stock, I wonder if it is off the market).

As a side note - I wouldn’t dose melafix and pimafix with copper….no definite contraindication, but those two products are more herbal additives than true medications.

Jay

Thanks Jay for your reply, helped clear my mind.

And yes, I have heard those two fix meds are more for my peace of mind than they're for fishes.

Will keep watching for additional white poops

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jay for your reply, helped clear my mind.

And yes, I have heard those two fix meds are more for my peace of mind than they're for fishes.

Will keep watching for additional white poops
Melafix has been reported to cause gill irritation in some fish, so I'd be leery of using it with another stressor like copper.

Jay

Back