White stringey poo even after treatment?

Dinodanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one clownfish with long white stringey poo and a new small clown that wasn’t eating to I treated with fluke solve an after treatment the small clown started eating again but the Larger clown still has white string, is this fish still infected or will it recover in time?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one clownfish with long white stringey poo and a new small clown that wasn’t eating to I treated with fluke solve an after treatment the small clown started eating again but the Larger clown still has white string, is this fish still infected or will it recover in time?

What food(s) are you feeding them? Usually, stringy feces are a result of bacterial or protozoan infections, but can also be caused by high fat diets. Additionally, some internal protozoans such as Hexamita, are normal gut flora. They only become a problem if the gut transit time is too slow (think constipation). Adding fiber to the fish's diet will flush the feces out faster than the protozoans can multiply.

Jay Hemdal

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI

Sincerely Lasse

Fonn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not feed your fish for a few days, it helps a lot. But if you do want to feed them, feed them slightly.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 118 76.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%

Back