Purple Haddoni

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so disappointed. I ordered a blue Gigantea. Took the afternoon off to acclimated my new anemone which come today. HT/QT set up and ready. However, when I opened the box, which was very well packed including cold pack which cause the anemone to be cold. It seem very healthy. Right away I knew I was send a wrong anemone. I got a purple Haddoni instead of a Blue Gigantea. :(
1st picture just out of the bag and 2nd pictures several hours later. Let me know if you want to take this one off my hand. Can’t ship but if you can come to pick it up we figure something out.
IMG_2429.jpeg
IMG_2442.jpeg

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad. Looks like a nice specimen. You have one of these already or just really want the blue G?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't mind me asking where are some good places to source them from? (Not attempting to out the seller here)

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There isn't a good source. Just get them where you can get them. Dr. Mac had great Magnifica, but they are not cheap. Galactic Corals in Houston ad great carpets and Magnifica but David closed his store a few years back.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just 24 hrs in my QT. No treatment needed. It really color up. I just put a cheap daylight Home Depo LED bulb on him. Nice little Haddoni. Too bad this is not what I am looking for.
IMG_2458.jpeg

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full view of my QT

IMG_2460.jpeg

Cheap but adequate light
IMG_2461.jpeg

PH and heater. Not cheap but I need the controllable feature and accurate stable heater.
IMG_2462.jpeg

Medication ready but fortunately not needed

Last edited:

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not take it up with the VENDOR who sold it to you ???? they should at least send you a gig if that's what you really ordered ...or did you just see a nem that YOU thought was a gig and ordered it ? in that case ..you own it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I am so disappointed. I ordered a blue Gigantea. Took the afternoon off to acclimated my new anemone which come today. HT/QT set up and ready. However, when I opened the box, which was very well packed including cold pack which cause the anemone to be cold. It seem very healthy. Right away I knew I was send a wrong anemone. I got a purple Haddoni instead of a Blue Gigantea. :(
1st picture just out of the bag and 2nd pictures several hours later. Let me know if you want to take this one off my hand. Can’t ship but if you can come to pick it up we figure something out.
IMG_2429.jpeg
IMG_2442.jpeg
If youre saying you want to sell it, PM me. I may have someone who wants it.

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a bummer @OrionN - as you know, I'm in the same boat on another thread. I got another blue Haddoni (albeit a very nice one) but looks like we're both after a gigantea. Today, it's nearly impossible to find these unicorns, which is sad... I've been trying for 2 years now, still no luck!

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not take it up with the VENDOR who sold it to you ???? they should at least send you a gig if that's what you really ordered ...or did you just see a nem that YOU thought was a gig and ordered it ? in that case ..you own it.
OrionN is probably one of the most knowledgeable nem experts on here. He knows what he ordered. Anyone would be lucky to buy this nem off of him because they know it will be in great shape.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got him into my QT system as CBB baits. Just kidding, the CBB very behaved and the carpet and CBB pair will be fine together.
IMG_2730.jpeg

IMG_2728.jpeg

IMG_2725.jpeg

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am selling the Purple Haddoni to a friend of mine. The dealer will send a few small regular Gigantea to me next week and we will call it even.
I hope the gig will be as healthy as the Haddoni.
I got everything ready. It won’t be a Blue Gig, but I hope just to get Gigantea that will live. Brown, Multicolor or Green. Whatever color. I love Gigantea.
I will keep this thread update.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 171 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back