White strings/bubbles around maxima clam?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Frogspon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Frogspon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
478
Reaction score
369
Location
FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this clam for a few day now, he's around 2 inches. Fully extended, foot is attached, tight mouth... seems happy!

But today it looks like there are about 3 small strings coming from various spots around his mantle? They have bubbles on the end as well.

Is this normal? Or perhaps Vermited snails on his shell? I checked and brushed him before I put him in the tank and I saw nothing.

Picture through filter:

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 2.05.08 PM.png
 
Anyone?

I took him out to brush/examine his shell, but I didn't see any pests. Within a few moments the strings were back out. They appear to be coming out right at the edge of his shell?

Here is another picture:

IMG_3996.jpg
 
That looks like some of the slime coat from the mantle trapped bubbles. Nothing I would worry about, but you might want to increase flow around the clam a but don’t over do it
 
Could be some dinos too. Keep a nice flow and blow off as needed with turkey baster. Do not move that guy too much. Can be very picky IME. Good luck!
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new