OP
Anthawk

Anthawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would keep going with metro; however if there's any way you could also obtain praziquantel and/or fenbendazole, try food soaking those medications as well.
I have prazipro.. How would I go about soaking that in the food ? I have focus so do I just do a scoop of food , focus but then how much Prazipro?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have prazipro.. How would I go about soaking that in the food ? I have focus so do I just do a scoop of food , focus but then how much Prazipro?

Completely saturate the food with Prazipro and add Focus to that. It doesn’t take much medication to get the job done. ;)

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is 1/2 teaspoon of food , 1/2 teaspoon of Prazipro and one scoop of focus good? I don’t want to overdose it..

You'll need much less Prazipro + Focus for just 1/2 teaspoon of food.

Keep it simple:
  1. Using a shot glass, add 1/2 teaspoon of pellets or thawed frozen food.
  2. Add drops of Prazipro until you can see that the food is completely saturated by it (but you don't want the food sitting in a pool of Prazipro.)
  3. Add sprinkles of Focus until white powder lightly covers the top of the food.
  4. Add some drops of saltwater (if needed) to make it wet enough to gently swirl.
  5. Wait 30 minutes to allow the med(s) + binder to soak in.
  6. Gently swirl again and Feed.
  7. Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers for future use.
Done :)

OP
OP
Anthawk

Anthawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll need much less Prazipro + Focus for just 1/2 teaspoon of food. Keep it simple:
  2. Add drops of Prazipro until you can see that the food is completely saturated by it (but you don't want the food sitting in a pool of Prazipro.)
  3. Add sprinkles of Focus until white powder lightly covers the top of the food.
  4. Add some drops of saltwater (if needed) to make it wet enough to gently swirl.
Legend thank you! I might feed the prazi at night and metro in the morning!

MT. Reefer

Mt.Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would keep going with metro; however if there's any way you could also obtain praziquantel and/or fenbendazole, try food soaking those medications as well.
@Humblefish
I have a new clown in my QT that I've been treating for the last 10 days with CP. Just noticed the white stringy poop tonight. I have Metroplex, Focus, and Prazipro in my first aid for fish cabinet. First of all, can I use these in conjunction with CP and if so, which would be better?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish
I have a new clown in my QT that I've been treating for the last 10 days with CP. Just noticed the white stringy poop tonight. I have Metroplex, Focus, and Prazipro in my first aid for fish cabinet. First of all, can I use these in conjunction with CP and if so, which would be better?

I wouldn't use Prazipro with CP, but you can food soak metro (using Focus to bind it) in conjunction with CP.

OP
OP
Anthawk

Anthawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish still pooping small white pellets but otherwise look completely healthy .. they have finished 30 days of copper now. I’m not sure what to do because they have had metro and Prazipro and Prazipro food now .. could the white Poo be anything else ?

OP
OP
Anthawk

Anthawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of ideas... :( it’s been three weeks since they started on the metro and still stringy White Poo so frustrating because these are my first fish and I want to do this right but I’ve spent over double the value of the fish, trying to get them perfect, on meds and they don’t seem to be working.
I’ve now dosed some metro directly into the qt but that’s about my last resort I don’t know if it’s worth waiting any longer when they have no other symptoms and otherwise look super healthy ... if this doesn’t clear up in the next day or so I’m just going to put them in the display

OP
OP
Anthawk

Anthawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish when you awaken on that side of the planet I'd really appreciate your advice again haha
1. Do I have any other options?
2. What am I risking if add them to the display? (they are eating great and look otherwise great)
3. I see why people don't quarantine but I really want to do the right thing by the fish!

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish still pooping small white pellets but otherwise look completely healthy .. they have finished 30 days of copper now. I’m not sure what to do because they have had metro and Prazipro and Prazipro food now .. could the white Poo be anything else ?

White poop is not a problem it’s the white stringy poop that’s a problem

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Anthawk

Anthawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Anthawk

Anthawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish its me again.. sorry to keep asking questions but they are still pooping white.. i've now dosed metro into the water as well...

Just want to be clear..is it only white AND stringy that is bad or white is bad by itself? Mostly its just white and not stringy..

Also what do I risk putting them into the display (these are my first fish)? ill reiterate that they look really healthy otherwise

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to be clear..is it only white AND stringy that is bad or white is bad by itself? Mostly its just white and not stringy..

White AND stringy is the primary symptom of intestinal worms. However, I would be suspicious of any white poop. A healthy fish's poop should be brown or green (if they eat a lot of vegetable matter).

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completely saturate the food with Prazipro and add Focus to that. It doesn’t take much medication to get the job done. ;)
Hey Humble fish. Does this work for internal parasites? Haven't read much of
White poop is not a problem it’s the white stringy poop that’s a problem
Do you have evidence to support this? I'm wondering if a lot of people are freaking out about white poop when it's relatively benign and could simply reflect diet/fish stress etc.

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll need much less Prazipro + Focus for just 1/2 teaspoon of food.

Keep it simple:
Hey Humblefish. I didn't know adding prazipro directly to food was an option for internal parasites. Compelling.

I've got a clownfish with white (maybe stringy?) poop. I've got Prazipro in the water column now. The fish is eating mysis that has metro in it with focus as a binding agent.

I'm going this route for 10 days. If no results, I have API general cure. Would you dose General Cure in the water column, or again in the food? Thanks!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back