Whites Lights Only. I Dare You ;)

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty nice thread for sure it should hit 100k views, some things just have momentum virally- pretty neat. It's a tuning and timing thing~

Those frag plugs are coated ceramics, love em

Sealed

Rough Velcro side glued to one, baddest pico algae scraper on the planet

And I'm proud to say those sps plating monti frags up top are produced on trash strips.

I give you my word they're on trash strips out of my alley, standard water bottle trash. I look for one not packed with skoal, leaning towards standard discards heh, and then take it inside and wash it and clip out some strips

Throw the rest out, heh.

Strips and magnets super glued, break off ears of growth from all three above, get rid of one, start a new frag by gluing the ears along the breakpoint onto the trash strips. Sealed in each red plating montipora is some of my alley trash and we can feel ok about that :)

IMG_20171023_144444923.jpg

15087884557391838082449.jpg

Kessil twisted all to white setting

Green brain coral used to be three polyps+ polycarbonate strip as the gluing plank for the coral

Wednesday edit: prime example, polycarbonate battery AA case has been laying on my unswept porch. Blew in from the unknown. That's three more planks. Rinse and cut:
IMG_20171025_082740028.jpg

Last edited:

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Jawdrop That is one gorgeous tank. Well done, sir. I don't know that you even need blues ;)

If you have time, what are the big purple colonies? Left is a staghorn? What about the other three?
The big bright purple one near the front is the old school purple formosa. Next is a yellow tip austera, possibly Barney Fife. Then the original Cali tort (the one that grows real slow). After that, I'm not sure, just a couple cool tri colors, Blue matrix, purple slimer.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty nice thread for sure it should hit 100k views, some things just have momentum virally- pretty neat. It's a tuning and timing thing~

Those frag plugs are coated ceramics, love em

Sealed

Rough Velcro side glued to one, baddest pico algae scraper on the planet

And I'm proud to say those sps plating monti frags up top are produced on trash strips.

I give you my word they're on trash strips out of my alley, standard water bottle trash. I look for one not packed with skoal, leaning towards standard discards heh, and then take it inside and wash it and clip out some strips

Throw the rest out, heh.

Strips and magnets super glued, break off ears of growth from all three above, get rid of one, start a new frag by gluing the ears along the breakpoint onto the trash strips. Sealed in each red plating montipora is some of my alley trash and we can feel ok about that :)

IMG_20171023_144444923.jpg

15087884557391838082449.jpg

Kessil twisted all to white setting

Green brain coral used to be three polyps+ polycarbonate strip as the gluing plank for the coral
That is some pretty interesting stuff, legit DIY too!! I may have to give it a try :)

Donovan Joannes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May i ask please why the placement of powerhead are facing each other and on top?

That is the only way I can mount them (tank is filled with rocks and corals). It's kind of the best placement for me as I can create alternating rolling wave motion from end to end, corals seems to like it very much. The pumps is not facing each other, they are pointed at the corner, opposite the other pump. Swirling and rolling wave motion.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about with/without lights?

20171006_194820.jpg

20171020_121806.jpg
This is kind of what I was going for. I guess I didn't account for all of the cool white lights out there! I still need to post mine under natural sunlight, which I will do whenever I get back home.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May i ask please why the placement of powerhead are facing each other and on top?
Just out of curiosity, how do you have your powerheads configured? I feel like the "opposite ends facing each other" is a 'standard' setup. Interested in seeing yours! :)

tigastt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the only way I can mount them (tank is filled with rocks and corals). It's kind of the best placement for me as I can create alternating rolling wave motion from end to end, corals seems to like it very much. The pumps is not facing each other, they are pointed at the corner, opposite the other pump. Swirling and rolling wave motion.

Thanks

Just out of curiosity, how do you have your powerheads configured? I feel like the "opposite ends facing each other" is a 'standard' setup. Interested in seeing yours! :)

I'm having problems fixing them to be honest. I can't find the right spot :( I have them on each other side but not facing each other.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back