Whites Lights Only. I Dare You ;)

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I don't think it's any secret that most of the stuff that we put in our tanks looks a whole heck of a lot better with a little blue mixed into the lighting. That being said, let's see 'em without it!
I've seen a handful that look just as good, but I know that mine looks like a bunch of algae covered rocks dotted with brown sticks.

20171018_193729.jpg

EDIT: As an afterthought, post what lights you're running too if you want. It's been interesting so far to see the "white" settings of different lights.

Last edited:

DancingShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll come back tomorrow. It's kind of late to just turn on all whites.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DancingShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol! #wakeupnomakeup

That's a good looking tank! Is that a Poci on the far right? You know it's a good looking piece when it's showing it colors under whites!

Thanks, and no, it's a purple stylo. Got it for 5 bucks. Is one of my favorites.
I guess people don't want to play without their blues.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a lot of people go overboard with the blues. A blue tint is nice and brings out the colors, but a dark blue looking tank doesn't look natural. Not to mention it disguises a lot of dirt and makes things tougher to see what's going on in the tank. I'm referring to people that don't run any whites at all, or at least it looks that way.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like white light pics too. All of my pics are under t5 biocube stock lighting.

Back