Whites Lights Only. I Dare You ;)

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brain has an injured spot in the middle I'll earn it back in half a year. Really stands out with white view

It may have been the fact i had to use a fish hook and string in that spot to lift the rock out.... Lol Natural selection says deal with the fishhook or perish. We'll cheat it back to health via spot feeds
IMG_20171020_144002224.jpg
my sps are shading it too right there not helping. With six inches to aquascape=low on options

All white reef bowl

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's one with just whites and UV (radions), complete with awful window glare and toddler photobomb [emoji85]
714fc42532f0b139ccab624cded7e8b7.jpg
Man those two on the left really pop. Is it just the UV or are they that vividly purple/pink?

Nothing makes me happier than when kids come over and want to smash their little faces against the tank to look at the fish. Believe it or not, I love little hand prints on my glass. On the other hand, I hate all of the little nose prints that I leave on accident ;Sorry lol.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brain has an injured spot in the middle I'll earn it back in half a year. Really stands out with white view

It may have been the fact i had to use a fish hook and string in that spot to lift the rock out.... Lol Natural selection says deal with the fishhook or perish. We'll cheat it back to health via spot feeds
IMG_20171020_144002224.jpg
my sps are shading it too right there not helping. With six inches to aquascape=low on options

All white reef bowl
This is cool! Are those magnetic frag holders?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man those two on the left really pop. Is it just the UV or are they that vividly purple/pink?

Nothing makes me happier than when kids come over and want to smash their little faces against the tank to look at the fish. Believe it or not, I love little hand prints on my glass. On the other hand, I hate all of the little nose prints that I leave on accident ;Sorry lol.

The purple is a tri-color and the pink is a red dragon. I only have an iPhone camera so without the UV, the cool white alone make everything kind of washed-out green in photos. But those two are pretty true to life. I'll have to try to get a picture of them in the morning with sunlight only [emoji41]

I'm not gonna lie, the handprints drive me crazy...haha

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9443.JPG
IMG_9761.JPG

Whites on both my tanks. I like the blue, it's somewhat natural dawn and dusk. I still run white at least 4 hours a day though.

These tanks make me feel like I need to get some LPS. It seems like they keep their color even in all whites! What lights are you guys running?
@DMan, your whites look pretty cool. Kessil?

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As white as the 20k halide will go, no T5 supplement.
20170928_195847.jpg
Very nice. What kind of monti is the green one? I have one that I thought was a plating, has been entrusting the year it's been in my tank, and now I think it's throwing up little fingers!

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These tanks make me feel like I need to get some LPS. It seems like they keep their color even in all whites! What lights are you guys running?
@DMan, your whites look pretty cool. Kessil?

Scroll up and find my post and look at the acans front right and the euphillia in the back left. Both of them keep color blue or white under the Kessil. The frogspawn is the transparent type, and floureses under the blues more, but still has nice color under whites.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back