OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Robin Haselden and @Somuchflo99, are you both running Kessil's on your tanks? Those whites are looking pretty "cool" and I'm curious, as this could be a cool comparison thread of the "whites" that different manufacturers use. I'm running two original Hydra 26s in my picture, and they are obviously on the warmer side.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a lot of people go overboard with the blues. A blue tint is nice and brings out the colors, but a dark blue looking tank doesn't look natural. Not to mention it disguises a lot of dirt and makes things tougher to see what's going on in the tank. I'm referring to people that don't run any whites at all, or at least it looks that way.
I have to admit, I run my lights pretty blue. Not so much that I can't take a picture with my phone, but far more so than the picture posted here!

fredjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1482.JPG

penguin_free

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to replace a couple bulbs to take an all white pic... I run a t5 setup with 6 blue plus and 2 coral plus in two banks of 4.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Robin Haselden and @Somuchflo99, are you both running Kessil's on your tanks? Those whites are looking pretty "cool" and I'm curious, as this could be a cool comparison thread of the "whites" that different manufacturers use. I'm running two original Hydra 26s in my picture, and they are obviously on the warmer side.

Kessil A160WE over the 14g. I'll have two over the 35g next week.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
real reefs look just these when diving

things didn't get too blue in the caymans for me until past 1 atm
I've only had the chance to go snorkeling once, but it was absolutely amazing. Seeing a piece that actually had some color out there made me drool thinking of what it would look like with some more blue in the light. Lol all the drooling made it hard to breathe sometimes;)

Somuchflo99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running kessil a 80

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back